10 Leonardo DiCaprio Quotes That Embodies His Fight Against Climate Change
Climate change is one of the most discussed topics in the past few years. Many scientists had warned us in the past about global warming and climate change but we failed to listen. And now, we are facing the brunt of it. Wildfires are increased in intensity in many areas like California and Australia. This year, heat waves swept the European countries – a very rare and suffocating experience for a population acclimatized to the temperate climate conditions. We are facing several consequences of climate change – we cannot deny it anymore.
Read: 18 Timeless And Insightful Pieces of Wisdom From Joe Rogan
Many celebrities and common people have come forward to fight against climate change. Several companies are making a move to go down sustainable roads and fight climate change. Even teenagers like Greta Thunberg have come forward, accusing politicians of inactivity against climate change. But Greta Thunberg is not the only person fighting for climate change. The famous actor Leonardo DiCaprio has also spread his voice against climate change. The esteemed actor may have received his Oscar late in 2016 for the movie The Revenant, but even then, he put forward his voice against climate change on stage. Like Greta, the planet is precious for Leonardo DiCaprio.
During the Amazon Fires, DiCaprio donated 5 million dollars to the local authorities trying to bring the fires down. It is clear that Leonardo DiCaprio is very invested in our climate. Even his quotes and speeches reflect his commitment to our world.
Read: 10 Inspiring Quotes By Greta Thunberg Expressing Her Fight To Protect Our Planet
Here are some of his climate change quotes:
- Global warming is not only the number one environmental challenge we face today, but one of the most important issues facing all of humanity… We all have to do our part to raise awareness about global warming and the problems we as a people face in promoting a sustainable environmental future for our planet.
2. If we do not act together, we will surely perish.
3. Climate change is severely impacting the health of our planet and all of its inhabitants, and we must transition to a clean energy economy that does not rely on fossil fuels.
4. Protecting our future on this planet depends on the conscious evolution of our species.
5. Climate change is real. It is happening right now, it is the most urgent threat facing our entire species and we need to work collectively together and stop procrastinating. — in his acceptance speech for Best Actor at the 2016 Oscars
6. You are the last, best hope of Earth. We ask you to protect it. Or we, and all living things we cherish, are history. — to the United Nations in 2016
Our planet’s alarm is going off, and it is time to wake up and take action!
7. Our freshwater and oceans are being polluted, soils are eroding, rivers are running dry, wetlands are disappearing, fisheries are collapsing, rangelands are deteriorating, temperatures are rising, coral reefs are dying, and not since a meteor hit the Earth 65 million years ago have so many species of plants and animals become extinct in such a short time.
Over 5000 people have downloaded our free ebook “Growth Hacking Tips And Rituals For Optimal Living” CLICK HERE to get your free copy now
8. I believe humankind has looked at Climate Change in that same way: as if it were a fiction, happening to someone else’s planet, as if pretending that Climate Change wasn’t real would somehow make it go away.
9. Now is the time to divest and invest to let our world leaders know that we, as individuals and institutions, are taking action to address climate change, and we expect them to do their part this December in Paris at the U.N. Climate Talks.
10. It is not the responsibility of just a few celebrities to talk and make us aware of climate change. It is time that we take individual responsibility to bring positive change. We must team up and protect our green planet. It’s the only home we have.