There are thousands of atrocities taking place all around the world even now. It almost makes you want to lose faith in human beings. But wait, don’t lose faith, yet. There are still many amazing human beings who have done some great things and are inspiring so many of us to do the same.
The billionaire Tesla founder Elon Musk is one such personality. When the Hurricane Maria devastated Puerto Rico, Musk talked with a user Scott Stapf on Twitter on whether they could reconstruct the entire electrical system in that place by just using battery and solar systems. According to Musk, the Tesla team has been able to do so in a lot of smaller islands and they could also implement it in Puerto Rico. Scalability is not the issue – but the entire decision has to be taken by the PUC, Puerto Rico government and other stakeholders.
Later on, Musk did contact the Puerto Rico government and claimed that the initial conversations went great. They were now exploring different opportunities to implement the plan properly.
Elon Musk proves that all it takes is a step in the right direction to save the world. Do you have the courage to do so? Let some of Musk’s sayings guide you in the right direction:
1. “When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor”
You won’t be handed your dream that easily. You have to work for it. But if it is important, you will make it fall in your favor, even if everything is against you.
2. “Going from PayPal, I thought: ‘Well, what are some of the other problems that are likely to most affect the future of humanity?’ Not from the perspective, ‘What’s the best way to make money?”
Money is not the end of everything. If you are going to save the world, you must think beyond money. You have to think about human civilization as a whole and how you can push it to its greatest heights.
3. “There have to be reasons that you get up in the morning and you want to live. Why do you want to live? What’s the point? What inspires you? What do you love about the future? If the future does not include being out there among the stars and being a multi-planet species, I find that incredibly depressing.”
Musk knows that when we wake up, we have a purpose. There must be a point. For Musk, it is living in the different planets of the world and traveling. If that is not something achievable, then we have a depressing future and it is not what he wants.
4. “When Henry Ford made cheap, reliable cars, people said, ‘Nah, what’s wrong with a horse?’ That was a huge bet he made, and it worked.”
You have to be able to take risks and outrageous risks too. When the car was first built, people did not move away from the horse. Change is difficult but if it’s in the right way, nothing can stop it. Now, everyone has a car and the horse is nowhere to be seen.
5. “Persistence is very important. You should not give up unless you are forced to give up.”
You cannot give up. You have to push your limits and continue doing what you love. Continue unless you are actually forced and prevented from doing what you love.
6. “Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.”
Failure is a part of every project and you should accept it. If there is no failure, then you are not creating something great.
7. “If you go back a few hundred years, what we take for granted today would seem like magic-being able to talk to people over long distances, to transmit images, flying, accessing vast amounts of data like an oracle. These are all the things that would have been considered magic a few hundred years ago.”
Everything we have today – telephones, camera, airplanes, etc., all of it would have seemed like magic in the past. It just shows that with imagination and a drive to do good, one could actually achieve magic.
8. “We’re going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I’m hell-bent on making it work.”
When you are determined enough, nothing can really stop you from achieving what you want. You will make it work somehow.
9. “You want to have a future where you’re expecting things to be better, not one where you’re expecting things to be worse.”
The future should be brilliant. It should not be a terrible place where you would want to die rather than live. So, somehow, we must work our way towards such a bright future.
10. “You want to be extra rigorous about making the best possible thing you can. Find everything that’s wrong with it and fix it. Seek negative feedback, particularly from friends.”
When we are doing something we love, we need to perfect it. We need to go down the right direction. To make sure that you are moving on the best route, try to seek negative criticism, even from friends. That will only make you better in your work.
Over 5000 people have downloaded our free ebook “Growth Hacking Tips And Rituals For Optimal Living” CLICK HERE to get your free copy now
11. “I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.”
You are not ordinary – you can be anything you want. You just have to choose and work hard and soon, you can be an extraordinary human being too.
It takes a lot to change the world, but you can make it happen. The choice is yours – accept the change as it comes or be the change. Musk is there to back you up in any decision that you take.