Never Scrub Toilets Again With These Natural DIY Toilet Cleaning Bombs
Tags: Climate Change, opinion
By Amanda Froelich Truth Theory
Everyone loves a nice, clean house. But there’s one room most people aren’t too keen on cleaning. Yep, you guessed it — the bathroom.
Fortunately, with these effective and easy DIY toilet bowl cleaners, you never again need to dread the task. This is because, the natural cleaning bombs are homemade, made with natural ingredients, and are very, very easy to make.
Unlike most store-bought toilet cleaners, this recipe is free of hazardous chemicals. Yet, it does an outstanding job leaving a slightly-stained bowl white and shiny. This is an important perk as, according to Philip Dickey of the Washington Toxics Coalition, acidic toilet bowl cleaners are among the top three most dangerous cleaning products in a home.
This is not surprising, considering one fragrance mixture inside a cleaner can contain up to 3,000 different chemicals. Not only is the concoction nauseating and allergenic, it is hazardous when dumped into the environment. By avoiding conventional cleaners, your health, home, and the Earth all benefit. That’s something to feel good about, right?
Easy DIY Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Water in a spray bottle
- 1 gallon sized Zip-Top bag
- 25 drops (each) of 3 Essential Oils (recommended: lavender, lemon, peppermint, clove)
- One mold of your choice
- 1 giant Ziploc bag
- Toss all ingredients (except for the essential oils and the bottle of water) into the Zip-top bag and shake. Open the bag, add two to three sprit of water. Close the bag and knead.
- Repeat step #1 5-7 times. If the bag becomes puffy, let a small amount of air out and continue. When the mixture becomes like dough, use your hand to see if it sticks together. If it does, you are ready to move onto step #3.
- Add the essential oils and knead again. Press the mixture into your molds (packed tight) and allow to dry for two days.
- Once the toilet cleaning bombs are dry, remove them from the molds and place them somewhere high. Allow to dry for another two days. Store the bombs in a sealed container until you are ready to use them.
To use the cleaning bombs
- Drop one bomb into the toilet bowl. After it stops fizzing, use a scrubby brush to lightly scrub the bowl. Flush, smile, and feel good knowing you are helping the environment.
That’s it! Please share this DIY recipe with others and comment your thoughts below!
Read more: NASA Reveals A List Of The Best Air-Cleaning Plants For Your Home
Source: The Hearty Soul
Image Credit: Zinta Youtube