If you needed another reason to stay away from McDonald’s, a concerned mother from Aldershot, Hampshire, recently reported finding a blue surgical face mask inside one of her daughter’s chicken nuggets. 32-year-old Laura Arber says that her 6-year-old daughter Maddie nearly choked on a chicken nugget because it had a face mask inside.
“It was a mask, it was absolutely baked into it,” Arber said.
“I had to put my finger in her mouth to make her sick and it came up all speckled with blue. I couldn’t work out what it was but I looked at the box of nuggets and could see something blue sticking out of another one. It was a mask, it was absolutely baked into it, it had gone like chewing gum. It was disgusting,” she explained.
Hey, are you enjoying our content? Want to see also some thought-provoking videos from Truth Theory? We are on YouTube, make sure you subscribe to our YouTube channel, click HERE
“If I hadn’t been in the room I just don’t know what could have happened,” she added.
Arber immediately went back to the store to speak with the manager, and was told that the nuggets were not cooked on the premises, and that it must have happened at the facility where they are made.
Arber said that she and her daughter will never be going back to McDonald’s again.
“Just because it says it’s a Happy Meal doesn’t mean it’s safe,” Arber said.
A spokesperson for McDonald’s responded to the incident, insisting that the company upholds “rigorous standards to avoid any imperfections”.
In a statement this week, the spokesperson said, “As soon as we were made aware of the issue we opened a full investigation with the relevant supplier, and have taken action to ensure any product from this batch is removed from restaurants. We would like to offer a full apology to the customer in question and understand they are currently in conversation with our customer services team.”
Image Credit: Laura Arber / Facebook