One of the hardest challenges when adopting a plant-based diet is to find suitable snack alternatives that are healthy and taste delicious. If flavor is what you’re after, look no further than this delectable chocolate chip cookie recipe that happens to be gluten-free.
Shared by Bloom for Life, this treat contains only seven, whole food ingredients. After putting in effort to create the dough, the cookies bake and soften within a matter of minutes.
Let the aroma of chocolatey goodness fill up your kitchen when you make these gluten-free cookies this weekend. Learn more here.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 24
Preparation Time: 20 minutes + bake time
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) vegan butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup raw cane sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (alcohol-free)
- 1 egg substitute (suggested: 1 Tbsp flax meal mixed with 3 Tbsp water, let thicken for 5 minutes)
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp gluten-free baking mix
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, use a hand-held mixer to whip butter and sugars together. Add egg substitute and vanilla, and beat again until well-combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add gluten-free baking mix in two batches and mix again. It shouldn’t be so thick you can’t keep mixing, but should appear “doughy”.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, cover and refrigerate overnight or about 4-6 hours until chilled. You should then be able to roll the dough into Tbsp-sized balls before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C).
- When chilled, scoop out generous Tablespoon amounts of dough, roll them into balls, and place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet sprayed with coconut oil.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven, let cool on the pan for 5 minutes. Then, transfer to a cooling rack.
- Leftovers will keep for several days in an airtight container at room temperature. Freeze the cookies to store for a longer duration.
I am Luke Miller, content manager at Truth Theory and creator of Potential For Change. I like to blend psychology and spirituality to help you create more happiness in your life.Grab a copy of my free 33 Page Illustrated eBook- Psychology Meets Spirituality- Secrets To A Supercharged Life You Control Here