Christian Bale has made a mark in the acting world with his amazing ‘method acting’. He is a great actor – there is no doubt about that. But what makes him really special is the extremity that he can go to be in touch with the character he is playing. You may know him from the famous Dark Knight series, as Batman or Bruce Wayne. But his method acting skills really shine in the movie ‘The Machinist’ where he lost a lot of weight to look really skinny. The British actor has won several awards during his career. He has even been involved in charitable causes like Greenpeace or the World Wildlife Fund. But what makes him really inspirational is his devotion and commitment to acting. He can go to any lengths to define the character that he is playing.
Such a dedicated person has a lot of wisdom to offer to the youth of tomorrow. Here are some of his powerful quotes:
- 1. “I tend to think you’re fearless when you recognize why you should be scared of things, but do them anyway.”
- 2. “I find something fascinating about the quiet man in the background who has no desire to be the center of attention.”
- 3. “Whatever you do, do it completely. Don’t do it half-arsed. Do it more than anybody else would.”
- 4. “I never want to turn something down because I’m afraid to do it, because of some idea of image or whatever. That was never anything I set out to do. In fact, the opposite, I always want to confuse people in terms of any kind of image and be unpredictable in any kind of movie I make.”
- 5. “If you’re doing your job properly, you take the risk of feeling slightly foolish and delve in and bring out the emotions.”
- 6. “I never applied to any acting schools. I don’t know if that’s just bad reporting, or – sometimes I just make stuff up.”
- 7. It’s about pursuing it rather than waiting to see what comes along.
- 8. “I do like taking stuff seriously that a lot of people look at as nonsense. I enjoy the insanity of that. And I like the commitment that is needed for that.”
- 9. “I have a fear of being boring.”
- 10. “After the modest success of my first film, I found it very daunting to have to live with that kind of burden of expectations.”
- “But I learned that there’s a certain character that can be built from embarrassing yourself endlessly. If you can sit happy with embarrassment, there’s not much else that can really get to ya.”
- 12. “I never want to feel that I’m playing it safe.”
- 13. “I find what I do for a living really funny. I mean, acting is kind of a hilarious thing for a grown man to call a job.”
- 14. “I have this theory that, depending on your attitude, your life doesn’t have to become this ridiculous charade that it seems so many people end up living.”
- 15. I start from scratch with each movie; I wipe the slate and I certainly don’t rely on some bag of acting tricks I’ve amassed over the years.
- 16. “Any planning that I have in my career is totally accidental really.”
- 17. “The art of survival is a story that never ends.”
- 18. “For me, I think the harder the shoot, the more I feel like I’m enjoying myself.”
- 19. “You’re creating a different world and the actor’s job is to be able to convince the audience to enter into that world, whether it be actually something that you recognize from your own life or not.”
- 20. I become a bit of a blank page in public. And that’s precisely why I like acting.
Bale is a true inspiration for all of us. Let his quotes guide you to be a person dedicated to your dreams.
Over 5000 people have downloaded our free ebook “Growth Hacking Tips And Rituals For Optimal Living” CLICK HERE to get your free copy now