13 Quotes That Show Why Stepping Out Your Comfort Zone Is One Of The Most Important Moves You Can Make
The comfort zone is something which we can often get stuck in, being that to step out of it can often leave you with strong feelings of anxiety. Sometimes simply shifting how you look at this can yield great results. Anxiety and excitement share all the same characteristics, however the big difference is how you feel about the feelings you are going through.
A good example of this is prior to performing. If you are a musician, a dancer, a poet or anyone who has got up and performed in the past you will probably be familiar with the feeling in your gut before you go on stage. And unless you are performing for the wrong reasons this is likely to be something that happens to some degree in every performance. However one person can interpret this feeling as one of pure excitement whereas another can interpret it as crippling anxiety.
However you view your comfort zone, one thing is for certain that most growth and progress in your life will come from stepping outside of it, here are 13 quotes on why stepping out of your comfort zone is one of the most important things a person can do.
- “A scholar who cherishes the love of comfort is not fit to be deemed a scholar.” ~ Lao-Tzu
- “Progress always involves risk; you can’t progress to second base and also keep your foot on first.” ~ Christie Mason
- “We cannot become what we want to be by remaining what we are.” ~ Max DePree
- “To the degree we’re not living our dreams, our comfort zone has more control of us than we have over ourselves.” ~ Peter McWilliams
- “A dream is your creative vision for your life in the future. You must break out of your current comfort zone and become comfortable with the unfamiliar and the unknown.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.” ~ Brian Tracy
- “One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again.” ~ Abraham Maslow
- “It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.” ~ Seneca
- “Every moment of one’s existence one is growing into more or retreating into less.” ~ Norman Mailer
- “Life loses its meaning when we get stuck up in comfort zone.” ~ M.K. Soni
- “If you remain in your comfort zone you will not go any further.” ~ Catherine Pulsifer
- “If we’re growing, we’re always going to be out of our comfort zone.” ~ John Maxwell
- “The only source of knowledge is experience.” ~ Albert Einstein
So quit the job you hate, ask out the girl you like, take the risk your gut tells you too and live outside that comfort zone. Your future self will thank you for it!
THIS ARTICLE IS OFFERED UNDER CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE. IT’S OKAY TO REPUBLISH IT ANYWHERE AS LONG AS ATTRIBUTION BIO IS INCLUDED AND ALL LINKS REMAIN INTACT.