Submissions are currently closed until further notice
Write For Truth Theory
We want you to write for Truth Theory and welcome contributions who want to share their message with our growing 750,000+ community. Here’s what you need to know:
- We love posts that inspire our readers. While there aren’t strict guidelines about the type of posts we feature, we like articles related to activism, social issues, spirituality, conspiracies, consciousness, personal development, science and natural health. We report on issues which are often ignored by the mainstream media.
- Word count: Posts typically run between 500 and 1,200 words. But we have no minimum or maximum, just make sure you say enough and don’t fill the article with unnecessary information.
- Tone: You have your own voice so write in your style, but conversational, inclusive, accessible and positive works well. One rule we have is to keep it positive, if you are going to highlight a problem, try offering some solutions.
- Original Content: We ask that posts submitted be unique and original to Truth Theory. We do not accept posts that have already been published or submitted elsewhere online or that you plan to distribute to other websites.
- We are not interested in SEO-driven submissions: If you are working with a content farm or are writing articles to boost SEO or to plug a product or brand name in a post, please do not send. If your submission or bio promotes a business/product/service that is not in line with what we stand for (e.g. weight-loss, MLM business or get rich quick), then we are not interested.
- Bio and promotion: We do not offer compensation for contributors to post, but we do want this to be a mutually beneficial deal. We offer a bio containing links to your website and social media, book and etc. Truth Theory is a great resource to promote what you are doing and some of our contributors have leveraged their posts into media deals and launched products and brands as a result of the attention they have got from working with us. Truth Theory is a great platform to gain exposure, so if you offer value, you will benefit from sharing your content here.
- Scientific claims: If you mention a statistic or a study in your article, please include a link to that source. Ideally you’d link to peer-reviewed scientific papers, academic journals, and/or credible news outlets. This way, readers can investigate further if they want to know more.
Theories are welcome, but please state when you are stating something that is not scientifically valid.
- Review process. Although we have served close to 10 million people in the last year alone our team consists of just a few people. If you follow the guidelines we will respond to your submission, however if you don’t we just do not have the resources to do so. We can assure you, however, that we will carefully read every single submission that we receive. If your post has been accepted, we will respond within 14 days. If you don’t hear a response within two weeks of submission, then you are free to repost elsewhere.
- Photos: All contributors are encouraged to submit photos with their posts. These should be at least 850 pixels wide by 400 pixels tall and either be owned by you or have a licence which allows us to share.
- By submitting to Truth Theory you acknowledge that you accept our terms, and that your article may be edited by the Truth Theory team before publishing. Please note that no major editorial work will be done.
Why Write For Truth Theory?
Here are a few reasons why you should share your ideas with our audience.
- You will change lives.
We have reached near to ten million truth seekers in the past 12 months! They’re eager to learn about mind expanding content on how they can live consciously connected healthy lives, share tips with friends and clients, and have discussions right here on the site. Writing for Truth Theory gives you a chance to be part of this discussion, and to shape the way health is perceived and news is received around the world.
- You will reach a global audience.
Our audience is predominantly from America and the UK. But we have readers from just about every country on the planet. Once your article has been accepted to be published, we’ll do our part to make sure it reaches as many of those people as possible. In addition to posting your work on Truth Theory, which gets near to a million visits each month, we share our posts on Facebook and Twitter which has over 750,000 followers. Articles will also remain on our site and if they perform well have the chance of being shared in the future also. Articles also have a creative commons licence, which allows other blogs to share the article. We also have partnerships with some of the biggest blogs out there so your content has a good chance to really pick up.
- You will further your career.
Our writers have turned successful articles into bigger media deals, TV and speaking opportunities, and teaching gigs. They’ve also attracted more clients, booked coaching jobs, and grown their brands, simply by writing great posts that got people interested in what they had to say.
We will share a story of one of our success stories at the end of this post.
- You will work with a team that cares about your work.
Your success is our success. We want every article to perform well so our team will work with you on your piece to make it the best it can be. If needed we will suggest better title or images. We want your work to be viewed by as many people as possible, so we will do our best to make that happen.
- You’ll set your own schedule.
You can contribute as and when you like. This means: no pressure or deadlines, unless you create them for yourself!
5 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Submitting Your Post
- Is my piece uplifting, informative, unique and/or educational?
The Posts we feature on Truth Theory are mainly positive and informative. Please make sure if they feature any negative content that you also provide a solution. We understand that some eye opening may have some negative aspects, but we want to inform, we try to avoid scaremongering.
- Has this topic already been covered on Truth Theory?
We feature a lot of content and topics at Truth Theory, how can your piece add to what’s already there? We are looking for a unique spin on current topics or interesting topics which do not get a lot of attention.
- What’s a great title?
A good title has the potential to grab our reader’s attention and make them want to read your article. If you’re stuck trying to create one, ask yourself: What problem does my article solve? How will reading this article make someone’s life better? How would I explain this to a friend? We may edit your headline or even create a unique one, but if we don’t have to, we won’t!
- Is my first paragraph gripping?
After the title and the image the first paragraph is important to keep the reader gripped. Is your introductory sentence inviting enough to make the reader want to continue? Does your first paragraph give the reader a very clear idea what the article will cover?
- Am I offering actionable tips?
Many readers come to Truth Theory to find motivation and solutions to health, social and scientific issues. A great piece will provide tips the reader can easily implement. Here’s an example of a tip that’s actionable: “Practice meditation everyday, you can do this by setting a 5 minute timer on your phone and for that time focusing fully on your breath. Breathe in and focus on the breath hitting the back of your throat, expanding your belly and sitting in your stomach very briefly. Then focus on the entire movement of your breath for the exhale. If your mind starts to wonder, just refocus on the feeling of your breath.”
5 Ways To Write A Great Post
Here are few pointers for you to follow when writing for Truth Theory.
- Write in your authentic conversational voice.
A great post will sound unique, like a real person wrote it. Make your writing conversational, like you are talking with a friend in person or write the way you would write an email.
- It takes as long as it takes no longer.
Your post doesn’t need to be long, just enough to make your point! Don’t fill your post with unnecessary information.
- Show you authority.
The opinions in the post are yours. You are the expert so show your authority in your post! You can do this by avoiding sentences that make you sound unsure about what you are saying.
A bad example- “I think meditation is good for concentration”
A good example- “My experience has shown that meditation improves concentration”
- Show us your sources.
If you mention a statistic or a study in your article, include a link to the source. If you make a claim, tell us how you know. Ideally you’d link to peer-reviewed scientific papers, academic journals, and/or credible news outlets. This way, readers can investigate further if they want to know more. You are also allowed to have opinions, we are trying to share ideas and not everything is scientifically verified or verifiable. Just make sure there is some substance behind your ideas.
Article Checklist- 12 Things To Add To The Perfect Article
Here are 13 things you can add to make the perfect article; you don’t have to include all of them. But the more points your article includes the better the chance of it being published.
- Does it evoke an emotional response?
- Does it contain a positive message? (Positive content performs better)
- Is it useful and practical?
- Does it contain surprise?
- Will sharing it make them feel better? (Will their friends be able to benefit from reading it)
- Is there a conversation already happening based around your content?
- Does it divide opinions?
- Does it contain a story?
- Is it cited? Do you reference other authorities?
- Do you tell them the next logical step at the end of the article?
- Is it easy to read?
- Does it contain stats/charts/numbers?
Below is an example of success story that a Truth Theory contributor recently seen due to having their content featured. Niraj Naik aka The Renegade Pharmacist launched his blog and has received over 750,000 visits in just 2 weeks after publishing the article- What Happens 1 Hour After Drinking A Can Of Coke. https://truththeory.com/2015/07/20/what-happens-one-hour-after-drinking-a-can-of-coke/
We originally published it in July 2015 and it quickly went viral on our site receiving over a million views on Truth Theory. It then went on to get picked up by all of the mainstream global media including-
The Daily Mail
New York Daily News
Even Playboy (which was a little weird)
It ranked number 1 on Google for the keyword Coca Cola in the UK and USA, It trended on Facebook for 3 days and we actually think it may have been the number 1 most viewed info graphic ever, although we are yet to verify this.
We then worked personally with Niraj to publish a follow up called- What Happens 1 Hour After Drinking A Diet Coke. Which we helped to write and it got a similar response.
Here is a link to some of the media attention it got-
But it doesn’t stop there! Because we continue to promote it on a regular basis to our new followers. We’re all about supporting great content and great contributors!
Please keep in mind that we can’t guarantee any results with your articles.
Ready to submit your article?
Once you have read the guidelines and written a suitable post please read over it for grammar and spelling mistakes. We are not the grammar police here at Truth Theory and are more interested in readability than we are literature so it doesn’t need to be written like you are sitting an exam.
Please send all of the above to firstname.lastname@example.org Once submitted allow 14 days for a response. If you don’t hear back from us before then, it means we have passed.
Submissions are currently closed until further notice