Puerto Rico may without power for months, torrential rains continue to cause mass flooding and casualties in Southeast Asia and victims of recent natural disasters — including earthquakes in Mexico and hurricanes in the Caribbean — remain battered as they attempt to rebuild their lives. But what is the mainstream media and the majority of the populace concerned with? NFL players and their coaches kneeling on the field during the National Anthem.
Regardless of your opinion on the matter, most of us can likely agree that there are far more pressing issues than whether or not it is “right” or “wrong” that well-paid athletes are kneeling during the national anthem to peacefully protest systematic racism in the United States.
United, we possess all the resources necessary to ensure all inhabitants on Earth are well-fed and cared for. But until the populace stops bickering about trivial matters, progress will remain slow and it will be decades before true crises are addressed and fixed.
Each of us has a role to play in the creation of a new Earth. If you are ready to “be the change,” concern yourself with some of the following issues which are far more offensive than NFL players kneeling during the US national anthem.
10 things that are more offensive than NFL players kneeling during the anthem:
- We grow enough food to feed 10 billion people, but world hunger is still a concern
- The United States takes money from the poor and uses it to support rich dictators, then calls it “foreign aid”
- “Whistleblowers” — such as Chelsea Manning and Edward Snowden — are prosecuted for exposing government crimes
- Police continue to kill family pets during no-knock raids
- CBD — a medicinal component of marijuana that has been proven to cure cancer, reduce seizures and benefit a host of afflictions — remains illegal in most countries
- The youth of America is sent to fight in preemptive and unconstitutional wars of aggression that never end
- Crops such as corn and soy, which are GMO, allergenic and are primarily used to create unhealthy sweeteners (high-fructose corn syrup) and feed livestock — thus, contributing to the world hunger crisis, are subsidized by the US government
- Bankers keep getting bailed out
- The US fueled the rise of ISIS — and few are talking about it
- Millions of people in Puerto Rico will likely be without electricity for months
What are some more social issues that demand attention? Comment below and share this news to raise awareness!
I am Luke Miller, content manager at Truth Theory and creator of Potential For Change. I like to blend psychology and spirituality to help you create more happiness in your life.Grab a copy of my free 33 Page Illustrated eBook- Psychology Meets Spirituality- Secrets To A Supercharged Life You Control Here