A woman in Australia has suffered burns to her face after her headphones suddenly exploded whilst she was on a flight from Beijing to Melbourne. The woman, whose name has not been released, fell asleep wearing her battery-operated headphones on the plane, and woke to a loud explosion around two hours into the flight, according to a statement from the Australian Transport Safety Bureau. The woman then claimed that she had a burning sensation on her face. She was quoted in a statement saying, “I just grabbed my face which caused the headphones to go around my neck. I continued to feel burning so I grabbed them off and threw them on the floor. They were sparking and had small amounts of fire.”
Flight attendants then proceeded to pour a bucket of water onto the headphones, and then saw that the battery and cover were melted and had stuck to the floor of the plane. The woman claimed that at this point passengers were “coughing and choking” for the rest of the flight. The transport safety agency has said that it believes the batteries in the headphones likely caught on fire. However, the agency did not announce what brand of headphones the woman was using, what airline she was on or exactly when the incident happened, apart from stating that it being a recent flight.
I am Luke Miller, content manager at Truth Theory and creator of Potential For Change. I like to blend psychology and spirituality to help you create more happiness in your life.Grab a copy of my free 33 Page Illustrated eBook- Psychology Meets Spirituality- Secrets To A Supercharged Life You Control Here