Have you consciously instilled within yourself habits to make you happier? Or, perhaps, are habits not something you’ve yet associated with happiness?
I spent decades of floundering about in sadness, anxiety and depression. It wasn’t until the ripe old age of 30 that I finally figured out that the right habits can make all of the difference in life.
Since then, I’ve found a lot of easy habits to develop that have made me (and many others like me!) much more happier, healthier and prosperous.
Below is a list of 21 of these habits to make you happier and your life more fulfilled. I hope you find them infinitely useful along your journey, as they have been for me.
Excellent Daily Habits for Happiness:
- Smile as much as you can. The more you practice smiling, the more automatic it becomes.
- Give people the benefit of the doubt. Everyone’s really just doing the best they know how to do. You never know what’s keeping someone from performing at the highest level, so go easy on them.
- Hug the people you care about regularly, and say “I love you.”
- Share your skills and knowledge with those who could benefit from it.
- Be patient and go with the flow. Enjoy the drive even if it’s taking longer than usual!
- Use positive words and phrases regularly (“I can do it,” “things always work out for me in the end,” “life is good,” etc.).
- Omit negative talk as much as you can (“I can’t do it,” “things never work out for me,” “life sucks,” etc.).
- Celebrate other people’s successes. Know that when one person rises, they bring us all up a little bit with them. Without other people’s successes, we’d still be living in the dark ages, so appreciate success wherever you see it!
- Avoid gossip like the plague. Enough said.
- Be mindful of programming. Select songs, televisions shows and movies that uplift you. Toss the rest.
- Take it easy when you are stressed or overwhelmed.
- Make fun a priority in your life every single day.
- Attend to your needs. Eat when you are hungry, drink when you’re thirsty, sleep when you’re tired.
- Meditate daily.
- Say thank you frequently. Be grateful for all the good coming your way, and you’ll find you attract more of it.
- Build yourself up. Take time every day to remind yourself of the good that’s in you, what you’ve accomplished and how powerful you are.
- Make it your mission to get other people to smile. I intentionally collect smiles from friends, colleagues, strangers and even babies all day long.
- Laugh regularly.
- Make progress with what’s important to you. Build up your level of skill, strength or understanding. Making progress makes you feel good!
- Look for the best in everyone you meet. It’s there if you look for it, I promise!
What are your happiness habits?
Do you have any other items to add to this list? Hit me up in the comments below and share your thoughts!
Law of Attraction Educator
IMAGE CREDIT:petarpaunchev / 123RF Stock Photo
I am Luke Miller, content manager at Truth Theory and creator of Potential For Change. I like to blend psychology and spirituality to help you create more happiness in your life.Grab a copy of my free 33 Page Illustrated eBook- Psychology Meets Spirituality- Secrets To A Supercharged Life You Control Here