by JB Bardot
(NaturalNews) Even during a flu epidemic, there’s no reason to fear becoming sick if you have the following home remedies on hand. Some act to protect you ahead of time before even getting sick, while others help you to recover after contracting the illness.
Remedies for preventing the flu
· Colloidal Silver – Possibly one of the most important medical roles for colloidal silver is it’s ability to destroy pandemic flu viruses and deadly pathogens like methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus, or MRSA. Colloidal silver not only stops bacteria and the flu virus in its tracks after being infected, but protects against contagion. Take colloidal silver prophylactically as soon as you experience the first symptoms of illness to ward off a full-blown attack. Prophylactic treatment involves adults taking a teaspoon or two daily during flu season. Children can take one-half to one teaspoon daily depending on age and weight.?
· Influenzinum nosode – Taken in low potency such as 9C or 12C used once a month during flu season, homeopathic Influenzinum will prevent the flu and flu-like viruses. Mix one pellet in four ounces of water and sniff. Don’t inhale the water. This is called an olfactory dose and helps prevent side effects. Influenzinum is only available from your homeopath or a homeopathic pharmacy.
· Oscillococcinum – Homeopathic Oscillococcinum also prevents flu from taking a foothold. If you know you’ve been exposed or at the first sign of symptoms, dissolve a pellet in the same manner as mentioned above and sniff the remedy once or twice a day for three days to boost your immune system. Shortens the duration of the flu for some people. Available at all stores that sell homeopathic remedies.
· Garlic tea – A well-known immune system strengthener, garlic shines as an antibacterial and antiviral for fighting colds, coughs and especially the flu. One of the best ways to take advantage of garlic’s healing properties is by drinking fresh garlic tea sweetened with a little raw honey
Home remedies for treating the flu
· Chicken soup – Take advantage of the high antioxidant properties and nutrients to fight the flu by eating lots of chicken soup. and antibiotics that are not recommended for well being. In addition to vitamins and minerals found in vegetables, bone broth made by cooking chicken home-made is a strong immune system builder and provides numerous trace minerals to support healing. Use organic chicken and vegetables to obtain the best of the nutrients provided.
· Mullein – Tea made from the herb Mullein relieves chest congestion from coughs, colds and the flu. It acts as an expectorant, loosening trapped mucous in airways and soothing painful sore throats. Mullein supports the immune system as well, during the flu and may be used prophylactically to prevent flu by drinking the tea daily during an epidemic.
· Gelsemium – Used to alleviate general flu symptoms, homeopathic Gelsemium is indicated for aches and pains, weakness, dizziness, shaking, occipital headache at the back of head and neck, drowsiness, paralysis, drooping eye lids.
· Belladonna – Homeopathic Belladonna is indicated when the onset of flu illness is sudden and very intense, high fever, red face, pulsating veins and throbbing headache often worse on the right side, stiff neck, hot, glassy-eyed, delirious, lack of thirst.
· Bryonia – Bone and muscle pain made worse from any motion indicates homeopathic Bryonia along with other symptoms such as chills, fever, headache, thirst for large quantities of cold water, painful cough, dryness of mucus membranes.
· Eupatorium perfoliatum – Symptoms look similar to Bryonia with intense body aches, high fever, cough and terrible chills running up the back. The difference is the person needing Eupatorium will be restless and change position frequently, whereas Bryonia prefers no movement at all.
Homeopathic Pharmacy List:
Resource list: Find qualified homeopathic practitioners and reliable long-distance homeopathic pharmacies for hard-to-find remedies
Sources for this article include:
Boericke, William; Materia Medica and Repertory; Jain Publishing, 1998
About the author:
READ MORE OF JEAN (JB) BARDOT’S ARTICLES AT THE FOLLOWING LINKS:
Natural News: http://www.naturalnews.com/Author1686.html
The Best Years in Life: http://www.tbyil.com/JB_Bardot_Articles.htm
Real Health Talk: http://www.realhealthtalk.com/JB_Bardot_Published_Articles.html
JB Bardot is an herbalist and a classical homeopath, and has a post graduate degree in holistic nutrition. Bardot cares for both people and animals, using alternative approaches to health care and lifestyle. She writes about wellness, green living, alternative medicine, holistic nutrition, homeopathy, herbs and naturopathic medicine. You can find her on Facebook athttp://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001364941208&ref=tn_tnmn or on Twitter at jbbardot23 or https://twitter.com/jbbardot23