by Courtney Chapman, Contributor
I recently convinced the Parentals to purchase a box of Mangoes (my favorite fruit). Of course, my recommendation was met with criticism and repugnant commentary, but when I told them why Mangoes are one of the best fruits in all the land, they quickly caved in
Mangoes are what I considered a superfood because they’re jam packed with vitamins, enzymes, and antioxidants that help keep the body in check.
5 Amazing Benefits of Mangoes:
1. Helps Prevent Cancer- Mangoes contain various antioxidant compounds that help protect the body against colon, breast, leukemia, & prostate cancers. Some of these compounds include: quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, gallic acid and methylgallat.
2. Great Alkalizing Food- Mangoes are moderately alkaline forming foods that help maintain a healthy pH level in the body. They contain tartaric acid, malic acid, and a trace of citric acid that helps regulate the body’s alkali reserves.
3. Immune System Booster- Mangoes are full of Vitamin A, C, and 25 different caroteniods that help boost the immune system.
4. Lowers Cholesterol and Improves Digestion- Mangoes contain high levels of fiber, pectin, and Vitamin C that help improves digestion and lowers cholesterol.
5. Clears the Skin and Improves Eye Health- Full of beta-carotene and Vitamin C, simply applying mango to the face can help improve the skin’s elasticity and repair the cells. Vitamin A also helps maintain eye health, night blindness, and dry eyes.
Simple Alkalizing Mango Water:
Cut up 1 medium mango and add to a pitcher of water. Or you can blend the mango and add its juice to water or tea for a revitalizing drink.
Mango Coconut Face Mask:
Cut up 1 medium mango and mush it in a small bowl until it’s pulpy. Add 1 tsp of coconut oil to the bowl and apply to your face. Leave for 1-3 minutes and wash off using warm water. Your skin should feel refreshed and smooth.
Be Sociable, Share!
Courtney Chapman is the founder and contributor of Holistic Ebony. Holistic Ebony is a website dedicated toward spreading awareness about holistic health, meditation, cultural issues, and more.
THIS ARTICLE IS OFFERED UNDER CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE. IT’S OKAY TO REPUBLISH IT ANYWHERE AS LONG AS ATTRIBUTION BIO IS INCLUDED AND ALL LINKS REMAIN INTACT.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.